Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Coeur d’Alene, ID Injury In Idaho
What are Catastrophic Injuries?
A catastrophic injury is a significant or severe injury to the spine, spinal cord, or brain. It may also include skull or spinal fractures, loss of limb, hearing or sight impairment, and even fatalities.
Not only does a catastrophic injury victim suffer indefinitely, but those close to them also suffer the physical, emotional, and financial strain. Catastrophic injuries often put stress on family members and those close to the victim. Many times after these types of damages, the victim needs constant support and care, causing relatives and loved ones also to have to change their lives to cope with the situation.
Whatever the matter, if you have sustained injuries severe enough to be debilitating and ongoing, or that caused you a deformity of some sort, you have suffered a catastrophic injury.
Any accident or act of negligence by a person or party that causes this type of injury to another can be addressed with the help of a catastrophic injury attorney. With the help of your lawyer, you can pursue an injury claim and settlement. With the help of a catastrophic injury attorney, you can be legally and financially compensated for the wrongful and life-changing harm that has been done to you.
Many injuries qualify as catastrophic, including the following:
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Swimming or drowning
- Traumatic brain injuries
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Car, tractor-trailer, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents are by far the most common cause of all catastrophic injuries. Other common causes include:
- Boating and leisure watercraft accidents
- Construction injuries
- Dangerous properties
- Dangerous products
- Gas drilling injuries
- Medical mistakes and infections
- Mining injuries
- Mining injuries
- Recreational vehicle injuries
- Violent acts, especially those involving a firearm
- Work injuries
Damages That May Be Recovered from Catastrophic Injury Lawsuits
- Medical expenses: If you had to undergo surgeries or go through rehabilitation, or require permanent use of a medication or medical device due to your injury, these medical expenses and more, may be eligible for compensation.
- Loss of income: If your injury puts you out of work and you lose much-needed income, you may be awarded compensation for your lost wages.
- Loss of quality of life and emotional damage: You may also be awarded financial compensation because of any emotional damage, psychological damage (such as PTSD), or loss of quality of life that you suffered due to the other party’s negligence.
Catastrophic injury attorneys want to help you recover your peace of mind after a devastating and life-altering event. These lawyers stop at nothing to ensure you get the monetary compensation you deserve. Having an experienced and knowledgeable attorney on your side can ensure that all aspects of your case are assessed and taken into account, optimizing your chances for the most favorable outcome.
Don’t believe that insurance companies want to take care of you — they are more interested in saving money! Call a catastrophic injury attorney Coeur d’Alene, ID Injury In Idaho today to discuss your legal options.